Terms and Conditions of Use
Limited License and Restrictions on Use
- Modify, copy, distribute, transmit, post, display, perform, reproduce, publish, broadcast, license, create derivative works from, transfer, sell, or exploit any reports, data, information, content, software, products, services, or other materials on, generated by or obtained from the Site (collectively, the “Materials”);
- Redeliver any page, text, image, or Materials on the Site using “framing,” hyperlinks, or other technology;
- Engage in any conduct that could damage, disable, or overburden (i) the Site, (ii) any Materials or services provided through the Site, or (iii) any systems, networks, servers, or accounts related to the Site, including without limitation, using devices or software that provide repeated automated access to the Site, other than those made generally available by Vanguard; or
- Probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of any Materials, services, systems, networks, servers, or accounts related to the Site or attempt to gain unauthorized access to Materials, services, systems, networks, servers, or accounts connected or associated with the Site through hacking, password, or data mining, or any other means of circumventing any access-limiting, user authentication, or security device of any Materials, services, systems, networks, servers, or accounts related to the Site.
User Content and License Grant
You agree that you are solely responsible for all information, data, content, text, photographs, graphics, images, videos, messages, comments, quotations, files, documents, and any other materials that you submit, upload, post, e-mail, transmit, or otherwise make available via the Site (“User Content”). By submitting, uploading, posting, e-mailing, or transmitting User Content to the Site, you represent and warrant that either you own all right, title, and interest in and to the User Content or have express permission from the owner to copy and use such User Content for all purposes related to the Site. Vanguard does not control and is not responsible for the User Content uploaded via the Site and Vanguard neither guarantees the accuracy, quality, or appropriateness of nor endorses any User Content submitted to the Site.
You agree not to use the Site to:
- Submit, upload, post, e-mail, transmit, or otherwise make available any User Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, menacing, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, pornographic, obscene, offensive, blasphemous, libelous, unlawful, invasive of another’s privacy or publicity rights, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
- Submit, upload, post, e-mail, transmit or otherwise make available any User Content that personally attacks or is derogatory toward Vanguard as an entity, Vanguard employees, any Vanguard products or services, or any Vanguard Materials;
- Harm minors in any way, including, but not limited to, submitting, uploading, posting, e-mailing, transmitting or otherwise making available content that violates child pornography laws, child sexual exploitation laws, or laws prohibiting the depiction of minors engaged in sexual conduct;
- Impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- Forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any User Content transmitted through the Site;
- Submit, upload, post, e-mail, transmit, or otherwise make available any User Content that you do not have a right to make available under any law or contractual or fiduciary relationships or obligations;
- Submit, upload, post, e-mail, transmit, or otherwise make available any User Content that infringes, violates, or misappropriates any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other intellectual property or proprietary right or any moral right of any party;
- Submit, upload, post, e-mail, transmit, or otherwise make available any personal information or specific account details about yourself or any person or entity;
- Submit, upload, post, e-mail, transmit, or otherwise make available any advertising, promotional materials, junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or any other form of solicitation;
- Submit, upload, post, e-mail, transmit, or otherwise make available any material that contains viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy, or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment; or
- Intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international laws, rules, regulations, decrees, acts, orders, directives, legislation, bills, or statutes.
You grant Vanguard and its affiliates, subsidiaries, directors, officers, employees, agents, licensors, and vendors a perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, nonexclusive, fully-paid up, royalty-free, sublicensable, and transferable right and license to use, store, modify, adapt, translate, publish, display, broadcast, perform, disclose, distribute, sell, reproduce, and create derivative works from any User Content, in whole or in part, in any medium or technology throughout the world, including any inventions, concepts, techniques, know-how, ideas, or expressions of ideas arising out of or based on the User Content, for any purpose in Vanguard’s sole discretion, without the requirement of any permission from or compensation or notice, and without liability, to you or any third party. Vanguard shall exclusively own all right, title, and interest in and to any derivative works or inventions created by or on behalf of Vanguard that incorporate or otherwise make use of any User Content, without the requirement of any permission from or compensation or notice, and without liability, to you or any third party.
You acknowledge that Vanguard and/or its vendors may or may not (but are not obligated to) monitor User Content, but that Vanguard shall have the right in its sole discretion to monitor, post, move, refuse, or remove any User Content, in whole or in part, for any reason whatsoever, without notice and without liability.
If you have any questions or comments about your Vanguard investments or other customer service issues, please click Contact Us at the bottom of any webpage.
Copyrights and Trademarks
All Materials on the Site, whether separate or compiled, including, but not limited to, text, graphics, audio clips, logos, buttons, images, digital downloads, data compilations, software, icons, html code, and xml code, as well as all copyright, patent, trademark, trade dress, and other rights therein, are owned or licensed by Vanguard and its third party information providers, and are protected by United States and international intellectual property laws.
All trademarks, service marks, and logos appearing on the Site are the exclusive property of their respective owners.
All Vanguard graphics, logos, page headers, and service names are trademarks, service marks, or trade dress of Vanguard. Vanguard’s trademarks, service marks, and trade dress may not be used in connection with any product or service that is not Vanguard’s, in any manner that is likely to cause confusion, or in any manner that disparages or discredits Vanguard. Nothing contained on the Site should be construed as granting any license or right in or to any trademarks, service marks, or trade dress of Vanguard.
Certain parts of this Site may be protected by passwords or require a login. You agree to use this Site to access only those accounts on which you are authorized to act, and you agree to use your own user names, logins, and passwords when accessing accounts on which you are authorized to act. You agree not to obtain or attempt to obtain unauthorized access to such parts of or features on the Site, or to any other protected information, through any means not intentionally made available to you by Vanguard.
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any user names, logins, and passwords that you use to access any page or feature on this Site, and for logging off of any protected areas of the Site. Furthermore, you are fully responsible for all activities occurring under your user names, logins and passwords that result from your negligence, carelessness, misconduct or failure to use or maintain appropriate security measures. If you become aware of any suspicious or unauthorized conduct concerning your user names, logins and passwords, you agree to contact Vanguard immediately. Vanguard will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this paragraph.
Information You Provide
Vanguard collects personal information from users of the Site on a voluntary basis only. Vanguard does not, however, knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of thirteen. You will not be required to provide any personal information in order to browse the Site or search employment listings on the Site. However, to apply for an open position, you will first be required to create an account by providing your e-mail address and creating a password.
You can modify or update your account profile at any time by logging in to your profile using your user name and password. Also, you can request that Vanguard completely remove your information from our database, although doing so will prohibit your access to certain customized features on the Site. Once removed, all information you have previously submitted through the Site will be permanently deleted from our database.
Your personal information provided to Vanguard through this Site will be stored and maintained in the United States of America. If you access the Site outside the United States of America, your usage of this Site constitutes consent to the transfer of your data out of your country and to the United States of America. In addition, you agree to comply with all applicable laws, rules, codes, and regulations regarding the transmission of technical data exported from the United States of America, as well as with all local rules of the country in which you reside and the country from which you access the Site with respect to your online conduct.
Vanguard’s Use of Personal Information
Vanguard will use the personal information that you provide to us through the Site for our internal purposes only and in compliance with all applicable laws. Your personal information is transmitted to and accessed by Vanguard’s Human Resource departments. Vanguard uses such personal information to contact users only regarding available positions at Vanguard, and their use of customized features offered on the Site.
Disclosure of Information to Others
Vanguard does not loan, rent, sell or otherwise disclose to third parties your personal information provided to us through this Site or information about your use of the Site, except as follows:
- Vanguard may employ third party vendors to provide services to us, which vendors may have access to your personal information, but only as necessary to perform their job functions. Vanguard prohibits such vendors from sharing your personal information with any other third party.
- Vanguard may disclose your personal information if legally required to do so, if requested to do so by any governmental entity, or as necessary to protect the rights or property of Vanguard or its affiliated companies.
Vanguard has taken reasonable measures to assure the physical and electronic security of your personal information provided to us through the Site. We cannot, however, guarantee that unauthorized parties will never be able to defeat those measures or use your personal information for improper purposes.
Vanguard makes no representations or warranties regarding the effectiveness or timeliness of the Site in meeting your employment goals. Further, Vanguard does not guarantee that your use of this Site will result in you being contacted, considered or hired by Vanguard for any employment position, and Vanguard is not responsible for any employment decisions made by you.
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT:
YOUR USE OF THE SITE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, VANGUARD AND ITS AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, LICENSORS, AND ANY THIRD PARTY INFORMATION PROVIDERS AND VENDORS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND ALL WARRANTIES REGARDING SECURITY, CURRENCY, CORRECTNESS, QUALITY, ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, RELIABILITY, PERFORMANCE, TIMELINESS, OR CONTINUED AVAILABILITY, WITH RESPECT TO (I) THE SITE; (II) ANY MATERIALS, PRODUCTS, OR SERVICES AVAILABLE ON OR THROUGH THE SITE; (III) USE OF THE SITE, MATERIALS, PRODUCTS, OR SERVICES; AND (IV) THE RESULTS OF THE USE OF THE SITE, MATERIALS, PRODUCTS, OR SERVICES.
TO THE EXTENT ANY JURISDICTION DOES NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES, SOME OF THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THIS WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS, AND YOU MAY HAVE OTHER RIGHTS, WHICH VARY FROM JURISDICTION TO JURISDICTION.
Liability and Indemnity
ANY MATERIALS DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITE ARE DONE AT YOUR OWN RISK. YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR OTHER EQUIPMENT, OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM SUCH DOWNLOAD.
NEITHER VANGUARD NOR ITS AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, LICENSORS, OR ANY THIRD PARTY INFORMATION PROVIDERS AND VENDORS WILL BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, REVENUE, INCOME, GOOD WILL, USE, DATA, OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES, OR DAMAGES CAUSED BY THEFT, UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS, SYSTEMS FAILURE OR COMMUNICATIONS LINE FAILURE, OR THE COST OF PROCURING SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES, CAUSED BY THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SITE, MATERIALS, OR ANY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES PROVIDED HEREIN, OR ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE SITE, EVEN IF VANGUARD HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. SOME JURSIDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS OR LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. TO THE EXTENT THAT A JURISDICTION DOES NOT PERMIT THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY AS SET FORTH HEREIN, THE LIABILITY OF VANGUARD AND ITS AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, LICENSORS, AND ANY THIRD PARTY INFORMATION PROVIDERS AND VENDORS IS LIMITED TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW IN SUCH JURISDICTIONS.
When you visit the Site, we may collect certain technical and navigational information, such as computer browser type, Internet protocol address, domains, pages visited, and average time spent on the Site. This information may be used, for example, to alert you to software compatibility issues or to resolve technical or service problems, or it may be analyzed to improve our web design and functionality and our ability to serve you.
Integration and Severability
Applicable Law and Venue